Is Independent Publishing Right for You?
Been thinking about independently publishing your book? Not sure if you can do it yourself or what the right steps are? Here are some questions for you to consider:
- Is independent publishing the best route for you and your book?
- What do you need to know to get the best product?
- How much time will the process take?
- What will it cost?
- What are the different printing options?
- Should your book be in bookstores, or should you just use it as a calling card for your consulting/speaking business?
To find the answers to these questions and others, you need to do your homework. A good place to start is with the books and Web sites listed on the Resources page. Then you need to talk with other authors and publishers as well as publishing consultants.