Congratulations on writing your book. Now what?
The publishing process can be complicated—but it doesn’t have to be. There are so many steps. How do you make sure you don’t miss any or, more importantly, make an expensive MIS-step? You probably have lots of questions:
- Is the organization of my book clear to the reader?
- When I interview editors, what questions should I ask?
- Does my book speak in the readers’ language, not only in its words but in its goals and organizing principles?
- How can I make sure that my book delivers what it promises?
- My friend is an English teacher, so she can edit the manuscript, right?
- If I’m planning to write just one book, do I need to set up a formal publishing company?
- Where can I find an experienced book interior designer?
- Why shouldn’t I use my favorite graphic artist to design my cover?
- Does my book need an index?
- Will my book meet industry standards?
- How do I get my book into the bookstore system?
- Which online retailers should sell my book?
- How many copies of the book should I print?
- Can I use my local printer to print the book?
- How much money should I budget for marketing and publicity?
- Where can I learn what I don’t know so I won’t make costly (time and money) mistakes?
PeopleSpeak can answer all your questions and guide you through the publishing maze. We coordinate and bring in the best people for every aspect of your book. We can lead you through every step of publishing a book, or you can choose just the options you need:
- setting up your publishing company
- editing the manuscript (developmental, content and copyediting)
- choosing an interior designer
- selecting a cover designer
- writing back cover copy
- arranging distribution
- production management
- publishing consulting
- book shepherding
We understand that the connection between editing and marketing (between the book’s content and its potential buyers) is of vital importance to the future sales of every manuscript.
To help make sure that your book accomplishes all your goals, our book shepherding services guide a manuscript from pre- to post-production, through all the necessary steps until it reaches the marketplace and afterward.
Books still hold an important place in the market. Make sure your book is a product you can be proud of.